Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Million Thanks!

If you look over to the right side of the page, you will see my last post, I've now passed 1,000,000 page views since I started this blog in September, 2011.   That's one million, folks.  I'm not sure what I expected when I started doing this, but I'm sure it wasn't that.

I joked on Twitter yesterday that to celebrate, I would take every single post I've done until now, combine them into one combined post, and publish that to celebrate.  Yeah, I'm not sure there's a server in the world that could handle that.

Instead, I'm going to put a sample of some of the pics I've included in posts over the years.  So yes, these are all basically "reprints"--except I'm going to throw in a new one or two.

You see I'm still too busy to actually write a post for you, so hopefully this will do for the time being.

I want to thank each and everyone one of my loyal (and even my not-so-loyal) readers for coming here regularly to see what silliness I'm talking about it.  Obviously I couldn't have reached this milestone without you.

I'm gonna keep trying to knock out blog posts for you as long as I can.




















27 comments:

  1. The quicker picker upper- Bounty lol.
    Who is the last pic? lol.
    Congrats again.
    GL sir,

    Big L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Big L.

      That last pic is George Costanza, of course.

      Delete
  2. Congrats Rob. Love the blog, love the 'dreaded pocket kings' and love the boobies! Spending the fourth in Vegas, may have a story to share! ( or pics)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pokerwayne, appreciate it. GL in Vegas, I'm still here, look me up!

      Delete
  3. That's very possibly less than a view per word you've written, but congratulations anyway... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coach....that's more than likely correct, btw. Over 770 posts, if you assume average post is 1,500 words, well over a million words. Many of my posts are 2,500 words plus so... (yeah, there have been a few short ones)

      Delete
  4. Congrats, Rob. I did appreciate the length of this post! However, I understand that you will need to buy a new keyboard for anger/3dollar once he sees all his favorite pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lightning. Yeah, haven't heard from anger yet. He may not be able to type by the end of the post. The deep fried Oreo's pic might have him in tears knowing they are now gone.

      Delete
  5. Congrats Rob! Outstanding pics in massive quantity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lester.

      And those were only of the fraction of ones I've used.....

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I'm at 2000 views, so almost there haha...kidding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xedx....I did have a bit of a head start.

      Say, is it my imagination or did you change your handle? Didn't it used to be xdex7??

      Delete
    2. Yes! I like the new one better now that I have a blog.

      Delete
    3. OK, so now I'm finally curious enough to ask....what does it mean????

      Delete
    4. xdex resembled "index" too much so I changed it

      Delete
    5. OK...but what does either version actually mean,. what is the origin? Or is that top secret?

      Delete
    6. Rob, it's the furthest thing from top secret haha. It was a name I used way back when playing Mario Cart where you could put only 3 or 4 letters max.

      Delete
  7. LOL to the comments. And a hearty congrats to Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a great accomplishment my friend!

    Always look forward to your posts.

    Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete